A very famous artist explains you how to make your own animated movie in a few simple steps.
"Hold on, lemme take a skelfie." A skeleton waiting to scare people in the park decides to upload a new skelfie to favorite social media.
Lori Escobar’s animated short is part of a bigger project in planning featuring this skeleton on this setting of a park at night. Lori built the characters in rubber clay and constructed an elaborate set. iStopmotion is used to film the scenes with an iPhone 5 as the camera, a setup which Lori finds “really easy”. Adobe Premiere is used for post production and the effects are created in After Effects. Lori also wrote the music in Garage Band.
Each year, the Apple Design Awards are testimony to this fact: Europe has some of the best and most creative Mac and iOS developers.
Our friends at Creaceed pay tribute to this with their semi-annual 12★apps promotion, rallying top European developers around a common theme. This time it's "Creative Summer". All these apps are now available at a significant discount:
- Pictello (AssistiveWare): Create, read and share visual, talking stories in a breeze
- Wrise (AssistiveWare): Reading and writing accessible and fun for everyone
- GIF’ted (Bitfield AB): Turn your movies into animated GIF’s
- iSubtitle (Bitfield AB): Soft subtitled movies for your Apple gear
- QuickScale (CodingMammoth): Resize many pictures in seconds
- Hydra iOS (Creaceed): Amazing Photography
- Hydra Mac (Creaceed): Pro HDR Editing
- Carbo (Creaceed): Handwriting in the Digital Age
- VideoGrade (Flainez Apps): Color Editor for HD Video and Photos
- TiltShift (Flainez Apps): Miniature Effect for Movies and Photos
- SKRWT (Mjagielski): Lens & Perspective Correction App
- Colors (Tayasui)
- Sketches (Tayasui)
Are you a teacher in New Zealand? Then you should not miss the chance to join the iPad Animation Workshops in March, April and May.
The iPad Animation workshop focus on storytelling, technology and 100% hands on creativity and will make you ready to integrate animation into your curriculum for English, The Arts, Technology and more.
The early bird registration ends soon – so save your spot for your preferred date now.
If New Zealand is too far for you, but you'd still like to dive deeper into the world of iPad Animation, check out their iPad Animation iBook.
Stephen Coad created "A high speed police chase in a tiny world" with 1/76 scale cars and black sandpaper for a road.
Stephen is a fan of iStopMoption: "I love the ease of use of iStopMotion. It allows me to get on with making an animation without getting bogged down in the software."